Tuesday, June 9, 2015

OK, now what?

The end of April my husband purchased a travel trailer. The only conundrum was that we had to go to Iowa to pick the little bugger up.

The original plan was for my husband and Tucker dog to drive to Wolcott, Iowa. I would fly out and drive back with the crew. That way I would only be gone from my Mom (who was in failing health) a few days. That all changed with my Mom's death. So on Sunday, May 31st we took off on a marathon drive half way across the country.

The first night we made our way to Wallace, Idaho. We had three choices of places to stay. We chose The Brooks Hotel. Despite the sign saying "no pets
allowed" they had one room for people traveling with dogs.

When we checked in we were told the building was locked up when the woman working the front desk went home. So we were given two keys; one for our room and the other for the backdoor. So far so good. We went outback to bring Tucker dog in and guess what? The key didn't unlock the door.

Soooo around the building the weary travelers hiked. It turned out the proprietor's Mother was the woman behind the front desk. When I mentioned the key didn't unlock the backdoor Mom muttered, "He's been making his own keys. Here's a key to a different room. I know this one works." So now we had a key to the dog room and room 304.

Only in small town America!




No comments:

Post a Comment