Friday, December 25, 2015

What can I say, I was enchanted...

We have several friends who have taken cruises recently and they all rave about a particular travel agency that specializes in cruises. The owner sends out emails every week with a "special" cruise package highlighted. I signed up for said emails late in the summer but seldom read them.
     Then in September I opened one. I'm pretty sure my Fairy Godmother took aim at that minute and zapped me. Each time I reread the list of cities the cruise would visit, I was overcome with a feeling of enchantment. I didn't breath a word of this to anyone.
     Finally after a couple of weeks of pondering I realized the "enchantment" factor had not abated so I printed the email and sheepishly handed the list to my husband. It took all of 30 seconds for him to utter, "Sounds great. Let's do it." OK
     Next I had to find a house/dog sitter. Did I mention the cruise was 50 days? There is no way I'd board Tucker dog for that long. But where would I find someone responsible that liked Tucker dog and Tucker dog liked back? Hmmm.....
     Monday morning I was at physical therapy and mentioned my dilemma to my therapist. She chimed in, "I bet my daughter would do it". Are you kidding? No she wasn't. I just about flew home with the news but still didn't call and make a reservation. A couple of days later we met the would be house/dog sitter. She was terrific! The next morning I called the travel agency to see if there was room available and to my delight she said, "Yes".
   Three weeks later, our bags packed, we boarded a plane for Ft. Lauderdale.
    






1 comment:

  1. What a thrilling decision! There are so many times in life when we think, oh if only I could do that. Cheers to you for following through!

    ReplyDelete