Sunday, August 3, 2014

Customer No Service

There is one grocery store in our little burg that I loath. Unfortunately for me they have deep discounts that I just can't pass up. I won't name the store but it rhymes with Albertson's.

I had a rain check expiring soon and decided to suck it up and head to the store. It was late in the evening so I  thought surely the lines won't snake down the aisles. I was wrong.

I quickly grabbed my items and decided to use self check. I waited patiently for a register to open and signed in with my loyalty card (I hate to admit I have one!) and began scanning. My first item went smoothly. The second not so much. I scanned it and put it on the belt. The scanner said to take it off the belt. The second I lifted it up it said to place it on the belt. After dancing this dance three times I looked for someone to help. No one in sight. Frustrated I moved to another scanner.

The process wasn't much smoother. Finally a surly woman showed up to help. "She has trouble scanning sometimes" she said. Did I miss something? When did grocery scanners become anthropomorphic. I couldn't push the pay button fast enough!

I had a rain check so I took it to the woman who had reluctantly helped me. When I handed her the slip of paper you'd think I had put a cow pie in her hand. She went ballistic. "You can't do this at self check" she yelled. When I finally found my voice I blurted out, "I've done it this way before without a problem." She was not amused.

It seemed she didn't know how to process the transaction. After finding someone to give her the magic code she punched a couple of keys and muttered, "You can pay now". I paid and sprinted to the nearest exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment