Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I'm back....sort of

Life has been a blur since Spring. I am caring for an aging parent in declining health. Millions of other boomers are on the same journey so I know I'm not alone.

I also made a what was I thinking commitment. Earlier this year I was asked to sit on a committee that organizes luncheons for a club I belong to. Then I was asked to make table decorations for a couple of the luncheons. So far so good. Before I knew it I had offered to make 8 centerpieces. The theme:  fashion from the turn of the 20th century.

Of course I couldn't just slap something together. Noooooo I had to make 8 different pieces; each distressed. This required 2 coats of paint and 1 coat of crackle medium before I could do any of the fun stuff.

While I was prepping the boxes I was gathering images. Thankfully Graphic 45 paper company had a Couture Collection available. For weeks I was up to my elbows in paint, gel matte medium, dimensional medium, paper, bling and various other pieces of ephemera. When all was said and done I had spent 7 hours on each piece. Thankfully that's behind me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment