Sunday, September 4, 2016

That's just creepy

I got up early Sunday morning showered, dressed and woke up Tucker dog. We have a little Sunday morning tradition in our household. Whoever gets up first (aka me) walks down to our neighborhood market and picks up a copy of our local newspaper.

As I was getting ready I told Tucker dog it was Sunday. For the next 10 minutes he danced about. I opened the door to let him out but he wouldn't go. So I went about getting my shoes and socks on, grabbing a jacket, money and his leash. By the time I was ready to set off on our adventure he was aggressively nudging and talking to me. He was so excited by the time we left he bolted down the driveway and stood impatiently waiting for me. It was like he knew it was Sunday....creepy.

Study participants
Apparently it wasn't creepy. According to a story in the Washington Post Tucker dog really did understand what I said. Scientists in Hungary published a groundbreaking study showing Fido understands our words. Amazing. So the next time Tucker dog ignores what I'm saying I'll know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment