Friday, August 26, 2016

An interesting visitor

During hot summer evenings we leave our doors open to capture any zephyr passing through. We do not have screens on our doors so it's not unusual for critters to fly in. That's where this adventure begins. Let me set the stage.

Image result for batWe were enjoying a relaxing evening watching a movie. The house was dark; the best atmosphere for movie watching. A moth fluttered across TV screen. I thought he must like action movies. Eventually he left our viewing corridor and moved on to somewhere else in the house (or Tucker dog ate it).

Suddenly a whirl of black flew through the room! I covered my head and yelled, “A BAT”. It flew circles around the room as I continued to yell like a little girl. My husband calmly said, “It's only a bat. It won't hurt you.”

I finally regained my composure and turned on my reading light. One more tour of the room and the bat left. I quickly jumped up and closed all the doors. Whew....

No comments:

Post a Comment