Sunday, August 7, 2016

May I watch TV?

I'm pretty sure that's the first question Tucker dog asks me every morning; with the exception of rainy mornings. He is obsessed with watching our resident squirrels. His first task is to make a bee line for the french doors. By the time I get there his left cheek is pressed to the glass and he's snorting dog goobers on the glass.

As I open the door he bolts out and comes to an abrupt stop. He assesses his territory before taking another step. His head slowly swivels from side to side looking for movement.  In a nanosecond he has assessed if its friend or foe.  

Quite often a squirrel is munching bird seed the gold finches have tossed under the feeder. Suddenly Tucker dog becomes an alien. He crouches down and begins to shake. Suddenly he bolts from the deck like an Olympic sprinter. 

Of course he's no match for the squirrel who does a victory lap around the oak tree and returns to eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment