Monday, July 21, 2014

We may not see eye to eye on this one!

Gardening is a funny thing. It can be quite subjective but at times there needs to be a clear objective. Take pruning for example. We have a huge hydrangea. I prune it back a bit each year but this spring it had gotten WAY too big. We're talking Guinness Book of World Records big. So I asked my husband to help me cut it back. Big mistake!

Apparently we had two entirely different visions of what we wanted the end result to be. I was thinking a nice medium sized shrub. He was thinking....actually I have no idea what he was thinking. Let's suffice it to say it was not a shared vision.

Let me say right here that I adore my husband but when I saw my poor hydrangea I was less than pleased. Fast forward a couple of months. The hydrangea is in full bloom and doesn't look so mangled, but it doesn't look any smaller either. Weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment