Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I have a proposition for you

So began a recent text from our 12 year old (going on 35) granddaughter. Hmmmm. What in the world does she want? I was trying to keep an open-mind while a little voice (thankfully I don't hear THOSE all that often) was whispering....remember she's a tweener.

I thought I'd crafted a generic response to any "proposition" she could throw my way. Wrong. I was not prepared for, "I found a purple viola on Amazon. Can I buy it?" WHAT?! She has a loaner from school but apparently wanted to purchase her own instrument. What 12 year old wants to do that?

I opened a bank account for her when she was 6 years old and we've been tossing money in there that she's earned. She has withdrawn small amounts over the years but never did I imagine she'd want to use her money to buy a musical instrument.

I told her we'd think about ordering it. Her final statement on the subject? "Gram, remember it's purple." Enough said.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment