Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I won, I won....

Sort of. Our ATC (artist trading card) group sets themes for each month's cards. Sometimes I have a flood of ideas; other times not-so-much. This month's card definitely fell in the latter category.

The theme "eggs" just didn't conjure any ideas. After spending 2 weeks pacing and thinking (to be honest there were probably a few profanities muttered along the way) I threw my hands up and admitted defeat. Step two in the search for a solution involved asking Mr. Creativity.

Yup, that's right. I asked my husband. His idea was a bit out there but at least he HAD one. Idea in hand I ran up to my studio and within a couple of hours had a prototype.
What came first: the chicken or the egg
So do you know what it says? 

Then it was on the our "challenge" ATC, as if "eggs" wasn't enough of one. This card's theme was "April fool". Again I had zip, zero, nada. You get the drift.

I hit the jackpot....my husband AND our granddaughter Chloe tossed ideas around. When the winning idea was announced I headed back to the sweat shop. This time there was no prototype. The meeting was in 24 hours.

Think of the theme "April Fool". Can you figure this one out? No? Neither could anyone else which is why I was given the "most obscure" ATC award. Hey, I'll take it
     Ape-reel-fool

No comments:

Post a Comment