Thursday, April 23, 2015

They say everything comes in threes

That was certainly the case in our house over the last couple of days. Monday dawned dry and sort of warm. I'm pretty sure I could hear my flower bed calling my name. So I whipped out my gardening gloves, spading fork and went to work. 

As mid-afternoon approached I headed toward the house. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tucker dog stretched out in a sliver of sun munching on something. On closer inspection that something was rat poison!!! (if you live near water rats are a part of life) He had dug a huge hole under the woodpile the reach the stuff.

Construction Bruce stopped his current project and loaded Tucker dog into our SUV. Off to the vets. Meanwhile I grabbed my smartphone (I love this thing) and looked up the active ingredient. Before he even got to the vet's I had sent a text with the info. I'm happy to report Tucker dog is fine. Apparently he would have had to consume a huge amount of the stuff for it to cause damage. Lesson learned. What a way to end the day.

Tuesday I drove home exhausted after putting in 9 hours at my Mom's. I had oral surgery scheduled for early Wednesday; the first part of the process toward a dental implant. Great, just what I need....more titanium in my body. Of well. All went well by I was still exhausted.

About two hours after we got home I heard construction Bruce call my name. I didn't have a good feeling about this because he was using his table saw. I rushed down the steps and found him leaning against the wall holding his abdomen with a bloody hand. Needless to say I laid him down on the floor so I could ascertain the extend of his injuries. He had a nasty abrasion across his abdomen but it was the left hand that definitely needed medical treatment. I grabbed an icepack and loaded HIM into the SUV and took off for the emergency room. A couple of hours and 14 stitches later we were home.

Boy, I'm counting on the rest of the week being uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment